job title: treasury and credit manager
Date: June 8, 2018
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Domestic Credit Management
- Responsible for managing the collection of accounts receivable.
- Establish and maintain credit approval / credit approval processes for all new orders.
- Utilize sound judgment in administering credit terms with dealers / customers.
- Develop and initiate steps to secure payment via alternate secure procedures when necessary.
- Obtain and review financial statements from dealers on an annual basis, to establish credit limits and payment terms.
- Analyze financial statements, Dun & Bradstreet reports, and check credit references on new accounts.
- International Credit Management
- Establish and manage credit terms and collections for international transactions.
- Communicate directly with international dealers / customers to establish letters of credit or secure payments in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with freight forwarder to ensure timely and accurate presentation of letter of credit documentation.
- Treasury Functions
- Responsible for cash management, including short-term cash flow forecasts.
- Manage daily cash position.
- Create wire and ACH payment transactions.
- Manage line of credit borrowing and pay down, as well as daily and monthly reporting.
- Responsible for leading annual Bank Audit.
- Manage credit card program.
- Administration and Accounting Functions
- Research disputed/unpaid invoices and resolve customer issues.
- Manage and process credit card transactions.
- Manage invoicing of large contracts.
- Provide insurance certificates and compliance of insurance requirements.
- File state sales tax returns, annual reports and contractor’s license renewal.
- Oversee customer invoicing and cash application.
- Perform month-end A/R closing.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHALL HAVE THESE KEY COMPETENCIES/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Have 10 or more years’ experience with background in credit and accounting.
- Previous credit / collections experience
- Previous international credit management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- A self-starter as well as a team player
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, flexibility, and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of IFS system a plus
- Four-year degree in Finance or related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred