TITLE: Technical Design Specialist
DEPT: DST Operations
HOURS: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
General Description of Position:
This individual will be a contributing member within a DST (Dealer Support Team) work environment. Primary responsibility will be developing technical CAD generated Design Assist Proposal Drawings (pre-sale) and Submittal Drawings (post order) for Hussey Seating Company’s exclusive Dealer network.
Candidate’s primary duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop Proposal Drawings of Hussey Seating Company’s products as a Design Assist pre-order service for Hussey and our Dealers to position cost effective and profitable solutions that drive orders.
- Work closely with Applications Engineer to review complex seating solutions and ensure that Engineering input and Engineer to Order (ETO) requirements have been incorporated into the proposed solution. (And Entered Orders)
- Work closely with Hussey Dealers and the Architectural Design community in a collaborative mindset to develop a creative proposal strategy that allows the Hussey Dealer to present and position unique solutions that give the Dealer a competitive advantage over the competition.
- Work closely with Inside Sales Specialists’ to ensure smooth transition from Proposal Drawing to the Quote and Order entry process.
- Maintain control of the post order Submittal process to ensure seamless transition from Proposal drawing to Submittal drawing.
- Incorporate architectural drawing information, sales order product information and specified customer requirements to draft seating layout submittal drawings for customer review and approval. Responsible for ensuring that seating layouts meet the requirements of the applicable building code.
- Works with the Inside Sales Specialist, the Inside Project Specialist and our Dealer network to obtain all product, building, and finish information required to develop submittal drawing packages.
- Utilizes 2D and 3D CAD software. (AutoCAD 2016 and Inventor 2016)
- Contributes towards continuous improvement objectives, both personal and business related.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications/skills:
- Tier skill level and competencies incorporated into the role to enhance professional develop opportunities and maximize earning potential within the Technical Design Specialist role.
- Learn and utilize Revit Modeling software to support pre-order Proposal services when Dealers are AIA’s request 3D models of our design solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively within the DST arrangement with a team based mindset to efficiently and profitably execute orders.
- Superior AutoCAD Skills and Adherence to HSC CAD Drafting Standards
- Primary product knowledge of all of Hussey Seating’s Products
- Limited knowledge of Clarin and Hussey Seatway product options
- Experience with Hussey’s Configurator (Concept / MAXAMizer)
- Experience with HSC ETO process desirable
- Ability to manage high volume workloads
- Willingness to be cross trained to support DST services such as quoting, change orders, or drafting services for parts order / g-order during high volume seasonality.
- Maintain or learn Production Drafting skills should production volume require additional support. Promotes agility within the workforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Organizational / time management skills
- Industry related construction knowledge, including Building Codes
- Ability to correctly interpret architectural drawings and specifications
- Team Building Skills
- Engaged with Hussey’s LEAN culture via ISWM idea generation