job title: senior inside project specialist
Position: Exempt, Full-time
Date: may 14, 2018
This person is the conduit between our internal operations and external customers for all post-sale communication. The Senior Inside Sales Specialist (SIPS) coordinates the flow and accuracy of information for all sales orders from the time a new order is entered, manufactured, installed, through to the end of the warranty period. The SIPS is expected to exercise independent judgment in this position to support Company values and achieve customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provide a central point of contact for all post sale communication to customers, product groups, manufacturing, planning, and other departments as needed.
- Provide assistance regarding post sale needs pertaining to technical inquiries, change orders, milestone information, guaranteed repairs, back charges, or returned goods authorizations. This will require the use of effective communication skills, knowledge of business processes, product knowledge, and the capability of making sound business decisions.
- Works independently when reviewing and assessing customer issues. Creates solutions based on product and process knowledge.
- Research, investigate and negotiate, if necessary, back charge requests from dealers relative to expenses incurred due to Company error. Must be able to make good business decisions related to the expenditure of Company funds and have the ability to effectively negotiate a fair resolution to issues within the defined parameters.
- Serve as the sole contact with the customers for all post shipment issues. Interface with Product Teams, Quality Assurance, and Sales to communicate customer concerns and product issues.
- Ensure product specifications including all peripheral equipment have been accurately stated for proper design and installation.
- Trains new Inside Project Specialists.
- Ability to cross train with other Inside Project Specialists to cover during absences and busy periods.
- Coordinates with and supports internal Project Managers as needed on current Major Projects. This may include independently managing smaller direct projects.
- Ability to travel twice per year in order to conduct Dealer training or site visits.
- Contributes towards continuous improvement objectives, both personal and business related.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILL LEVEL GUIDELINES:
- Has thorough understanding and product knowledge among all product lines.
- Ability to be self-directed and organize/prioritize work
- Project management skills and understanding of construction projects
- Ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and excellent follow-up skills
- Strong personal commitment to meeting customer requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong negotiation skills
- Flexible to priority changes and work hours needed to meet customer requirements
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 2 Years technical degree and 3 years of equivalent work experience or combination of degree and experience.
- Computer skills, (i.e. IFS, Word, Excel, Outlook, Concept, Microsoft Project)
- Knowledge of drafting principles, design techniques, blueprint reading, and AutoCAD a plus
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of more than 10 pounds. Frequently reaching and repetitive motion (typing, key board use)
- Visual requirements include hand/eye coordination & visual acuity in near/mid-range
- Must be able to type and use a mouse occasionally for short intervals throughout work shift depending on specific work requirements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to low to moderate noise levels such that normal talking is required to be heard.