job title: Project Manager
Department: Major Projects
Date: July 5, 2017
- Successful completion of assigned projects. Success is defined as meeting or exceeding budgeted profit margins, completion on or before the contract finish date and maintaining excellent customer satisfaction.
- Manage multiple projects (3-6) concurrently.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project schedules with the Customer, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Installation. Coordinate with other trades on site, as required.
- Coordination of work internally with Sales, Engineering, Planning, Manufacturing and Shipping.
- Complete control of communications and post-sale negotiations with dealers, general contractors, architects and/or owners.
- Develop and negotiate subcontracts for on-site product installation and manage installers to meet contract commitments.
- Coordinate all aspects of the delivery and installation of seating products in stadiums, arenas and civic centers around the world, as required by the project.
- Support development of new business by working closely with the Sales team, potentially visiting site for prebid evaluations, reviewing and approving contract terms and developing costs for project management and product installation.
- 4-year degree in mechanical, structural or civil engineering or equivalent education and experience
- 5 years Project Management experience. A background in the areas of building construction or sports and entertainment facility development a plus
- Demonstrated ability to concurrently manage multiple large ($1MM+) projects to successful completion
- MS Project proficiency
- Working knowledge of building codes
- Strong project costing/estimating and project cost control
- Coordinate monthly financial activities with Accounting on Schedule of Values, % completion, Customer Invoicing and S&OP.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Contract Law, Union Labor requirements, Specialized Labor Coordination (MBE, WBE, DBE, Community Participation goals and requirements).
- Willingness to travel frequently and on short notice, both domestically and internationally
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to plan effectively
- Ability to manage and measure work progress
- Remains composed in stressful situations
- Interpersonal savvy at multiple organizational levels
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience developing, negotiating and implementing large subcontracts
- Ability to work in deadline-driven environment