TITLE: Pre-Sale Estimating Specialist
TEAM: Sales Department
HOURS: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales Operations
This individual will have the primary responsibility of Estimating (Pricing) project opportunities submitted to Pre Sales by the Hussey Seating Dealer network.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop quotations for MAXAM26, MAXAM Plus, Metro, Quattro, MXP, and Blow Molded product families
- Interpret technical documents for drawings to establish cost of materials
- Dealer “Take Off” (i.e. Data Sheets)
- AutoCAD Files or Architectural drawings supplied by Dealers
- Product specifications supplied by Dealers
- Identify pricing requests that require solutions for non-standard product configurations and/or accessories. Work directly with Sales Applications Engineer (ETO) to obtain engineered solution, cost/ labor estimate and technical drawings / sketches.
- Proactive communication with Dealers to effectively position Hussey product solutions.
- Proactive follow up of large pending quotes to help meet monthly Hussey Sales budgets.
- Reconcile order documents (Dlr PO, Data Sheet, Quote) to insure that orders released are accurate and free of errors and omissions.
- Ability to cross train and perform Order Processing tasks and responsibilities when order management demands require additional resourcing.
EDUCATION, KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Product knowledge of Hussey’s MAXAM26, MAXAM Plus, Metro, Quattro, and Blow Molded product lines.
- Experience with Hussey’s Configurator (Concept) is desirable
- Experience with Hussey’s ERP System (IFS) is desirable
- Ability to manage high volume workloads
- Ability to work in a collaborative order processing service team environment (Work group PODs)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic/ Entry level AutoCAD skills to view, open, and review drawings is desirable, but not essential.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Organizational and Time Management skills are essential
- Previous Sales experience helpful
- Negotiation Skills are helpful
- Past experience in a construction related estimating field is helpful
- Industry related construction knowledge, including Building Codes, ADA
- Ability to correctly interpret architectural drawings and specifications
- Ability to be agile and open to professional development opportunities that support the Standard Flow Value Stream organization