job title: Manufacturing supervisor clarin assembly
Position: Exempt, Full-time, 1st shift
Date: june 8, 2018
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Plan and manage employees and work centers to achieve required output in dynamic, fast-paced, job-shop environment.
- Supervise production operations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for manufacturing shop activities to include: work station assignments, employee training, employee vacation scheduling, overtime assignment, employee back-up, and shift changes.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering to help identify and develop productive and ergonomic workstations for varying mechanical assembly operations.
- Plan and execute daily and weekly production schedules.
- Manage employee performance through expectation setting and performance feedback.
- Coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Manage product quality. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Enforce Company Policies on Personnel, Environmental, Safety & Quality.
- Create and track performance against labor and spending budgets.
- Achieve Direct Labor Efficiency and Productivity goals.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THESE COMPETENCIES/QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4-year Business Degree or applicable experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience (Lean Manufacturing a Plus)
- Proven ability to manage, lead, and effectively engage employees to achieve a continuous improvement mindset.
- Experience in fast-paced mechanical assembly operations
- Ability to read and understand prints and specifications
- Highly organized and self-disciplined
- Excellent communication skills
- Conflict Resolution skills
- Ability to clearly articulate information, the Company’s vision and goals/strategies
- Customer focus skills
- Experience with ERP system usage
- Experience with Employee Time and Attendance systems
- Basic office computer skills – Outlook, Word, Excel
- Possess the following skills for effective supervision:
- Effective Communicator
- Leadership Impact
- Fosters Teamwork and Diversity
- Employee Engagement
- Champion of Change / Change Agent
- Accountability and Ownership to achieve goals and objectives.
- Setting goals and objectives
- Providing cross functional assistance and support
- Providing a climate for motivation
- Creating a supportive working relationship
- Providing opportunities for future growth and advancement