Position: Lead Manufacturing Associate UPHOLSTERY - cLARIN aSSEMBLY
Hours: 5:00am – 3:30pm, Monday – Thursday, 1st Shift (Overtime as Required)
Opening: Full Time
Reporting Requirements: Reports directly to Manufacturing Supervisor
General Scope/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all operators are working safely and are in compliance with all company and departmental safety requirements.
- Ensure all operators are performing standard work as defined by company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain constant communication with shop planner and supervisor to ensure all production requirements are met in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and expedite all production needs to maintain on time and complete execution of work orders.
- Ensure all company and departmental quality checks and requirements are performed and all documentation is accurate and complete.
- Provide input into improving methods used in the Upholstery of various models of portable chairs.
- Ensure all employees time, clocking, and departmental transfers are accurate and complete.
- Ensure operators are assigned to proper work areas to meet production needs.
- Ensure operators are properly trained for any and all operations that they are required to perform.
- direction and support for all operators to ensure they are able to perform their required tasks.
- Maintain shop to all housekeeping and 6S requirements.
- Support and lead Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Support and motivate operators in our ideas implementation initiative.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and lead teams in support of company and departmental focus and goals.
- Willingness to work production as required.
- Maintain constant communication with supervisor on all shop performance issues.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of and experience in Upholstery
- Knowledge of IFS, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Kronos or willingness to learn
- Ability to provide direction and support to others
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Team building skills
- Good attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings
- Ability to learn all shop operations