Job Title: Installer
Department: Major Projects
Date: July 24, 2018
The Installer provides labor at assigned installations, initially working with installation supervisors. Responsible for own safety, quality, customer service behaviors and personal conduct. Depending on skill level, this position may be in training to supervise an installation crew.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist Installation Supervisor as a short-term backup if Supervisor is required to leave the jobsite.
- On time completion of assigned tasks during inspections, maintenances, and assembly tasks
- Represent Hussey Seating by adhering to all company safety regulations, work procedures, and enforcement of the company Drug Policy in a jobsite environment.
- Work with supervisor to provide assessment of worksite and resolve any potential issues
- Participate in the installation of the seating system according to drawings and appropriately elevate issues to Installation Supervisor, Project Engineer or Project Manager
- Assist with monitoring labor and material cost for each installation
- Able to travel up to 80% of time to various locations
- Must have valid driver's license and ability to obtain car rentals at various locations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Building/commercial construction desired
- Blueprint reading helpful
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Able to safely operate power tools
- Safety training preferred; will be required to be OSHA 30 certified
- Previous customer interaction experience
Skill Level Guidelines:
- Communicate clearly and productively with all customers, coworkers, subcontractors, and vendors
- Effectively use available technology to view documents, complete daily logs, send communications back to the office
- Report all pertinent information to Supervisor as needed
- Represent HSC in a positive, proactive manner
- Must be organized and structured in work approach
- Able to work effectively under compressed schedules
- Willing to work overtime as needed