job title: dealer sales manager
Date: April 6, 2017
The Dealer Sales Manager will call and service all responsible sales accounts and maximize sales with those accounts. Will work with area and assigned Sales Representatives, Hussey Marketing and Engineering to create seating solutions for customers while achieving all desired goals and objectives in a cost effective and profit-driven environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop long term relationships through the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs.
- Act as advocate for customer and sales representatives fielding any customer issues, delivery problems, change orders or shipment concerns.
- Plans and executes to achieve strategic and operation plan targets for assigned sales region, and accounts.
- Collaborates with internal staff including Customer Accounts, Marketing and Engineering.
- Gather information on competitors and their product strengths and weaknesses channeling the information to Product, Marketing and Sales Management.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to drive growth in the assigned sales markets and or regions.
- Utilize Salesforce.com and Hussey Seating job alert system to review status, action need and next steps with sales representatives.
- Review bids and current orders to ensure everything is in order and that Hussey will meet or exceed customers’ expectations
- Travel to various locations to meet with existing and potential customers
- Develop and implement Dealer Scorecard rankings and work with dealers where necessary to improve rankings. Locate alternative dealers to replace ones where the rankings do not improve to satisfactory levels.
- Utilize mapping software to review where sales are not meeting expectations and develop action plans for improvements.
- Investigate other sales avenues via web searches, conferences, supplier relationships to obtain new business.
- Customize Marketing training to fit individual customer needs.
- Train and educate internal staff and outside sales representatives on all aspects of Hussey Seating product lines, process, and sales tools.
- Conduct monthly AIA Continuing Education presentations to the architectural community and train sales staff on how to conduct these presentations in assigned territories.
- Utilize Hussey Seating systems and Sales Dashboard tools to generate detailed reports showing real time quote history activity and sales activity as a sales management process and information sharing opportunity to drive results.
SKILL LEVEL GUIDELINES
- Action oriented and results-driven
- Able to accomplish tasks in an independent manner
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated Leadership skills
- Able to work processes and/or issues at all levels of the organization
- Able to maintain diplomacy with all stakeholders while working through cultural, time zone and priority differences
- Strong public speaker and ability to effectively communicate product knowledge and available solutions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Prior experience working within the building product industry
- Prefer experience working on architectural specified products with a strong understanding of architectural specifications, presentations and development phases
- Experience with technical selling and an understanding of codes and building structures
- Prior experience working with dealer and distribution sales a must
- Must be comfortable utilizing various social media platforms to reach and communicate with current and perspective customers
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel and Power Point and various software
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically Monday – Friday approximately 70% of the time.
- Prefer you live in the Midwest but this is negotiable
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’ Degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar industry or combination of education and experience.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team and external customers as part of a solution-based sales process.