job title: application engineer
Department: order processing
Date: october 27, 2017
As an Application Engineer, this person has responsibility for developing customized product and configuration solutions to satisfy specific customer requirements. This individual will review the product requirements on customer orders and will determine how best to utilize existing designs and new custom approaches to provide high quality, cost effective product solutions. This role requires an individual to find innovative ways to solve problems, and balance the needs for high quality, cost effective, and timely solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop unique, customer specific engineering solutions for Hussey’s telescopic and chair seating product lines. Focus will be on developing well-designed, manufacturable, cost effective solutions.
- Provide technical oversight and guidance to drafters assigned to projects. Responsible for design development and approval of ETO applications.
- Support field installation and product start-ups.
- Support the Customer Service Department and Project Managers by troubleshooting field issues and developing cost effective resolutions that ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist in developing and maintaining team quality procedures.
- Develop core template design solutions and guidelines to serve as the design basis for repeat ETO design needs.
- Work with Product Engineering to identify opportunities for simpler, more robust telescopic bleacher product offerings to remain competitive in the market. Assist in the design and implementation of such product enhancements.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and market strategies.
- Customer interface will be required; consequently, moderate travel will be expected.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- BS in Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- Motivation towards obtaining a PE License.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, make commitments, and manage several concurrent projects through to completion in a timely fashion.
- Ability to produce professional, clearly presented calculation packages.
- Highly proficient in 3D modeling (preferably using Inventor) and in 2D AutoCad.
- Design and manufacturing experience utilizing the following materials and manufacturing processes preferred: structural steel, plywood, sheet steel stamping and forming, welding.
- Basic electrical knowledge – motors and controls.
- Mechanical aptitude – fasteners, machine design, hydraulics.
- Construction industry and building code familiarity.
- Testing/Prototyping experience
- Desire for continuous learning, willing to accept new challenges and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment.