job title: 2nd shift manufacturing supervisor
Date: january 29, 2018
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the safety of employees and building security for 2nd shift operations.
- Plan and manage employees and work centers to achieve required output in dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Supervise production operations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for manufacturing shop activities to include: work station assignments, employee training, employee vacation scheduling, overtime assignment, employee back-up, and shift changes.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering to help identify and develop productive and ergonomic workstations for varying mechanical assembly operations.
- Plan and execute daily and weekly production schedules.
- Manage employee performance through expectation setting and performance feedback.
- Coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Manage product quality. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Enforce Company Policies on Personnel, Environmental, Safety & Quality.
- Create and track performance against labor and spending budgets.
- Achieve Direct Labor Efficiency and Productivity goals.
- 4-year Business Degree or applicable experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Proven ability to manage and lead
- Experience in fast-paced mechanical assembly operations
- Ability to read and understand prints and specifications
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Conflict Resolution skills
- Ability to clearly articulate information, the Company’s vision and goals/strategies
- Customer focus skills
- Experience with ERP system usage
- Experience with Employee Time and Attendance systems
- Basic office computer skills – Outlook, Word, Excel
- Possess the following skills for effective supervision:
- Setting goals and objectives
- Providing assistance and support
- Providing a climate for motivation
- Creating a supportive working relationship
- Emphasizing continuous improvement
- Providing opportunities for future growth and advancement